Wednesday, April 1, 2015

April Fool's 2015: Akagi Zawa... Zawa... Anthology

So, to continue the tradition we started last year, here's a triple-dose of Akagi "Zawa..." "Zawa..." Anthology! This time, the theme is "Oneshots written by other famous Gambling Mangaka"! A big thanks to Denji for doing the translations for this one, and to Tambur for the ever-stellar typesetting, AND cleaning!

I will not be streaming this Sunday, because I'll be at Sakura-Con Friday-Sunday this week! If you're going, you should stop by the mahjong room and look for a guy with messy red hair and glasses so we can shoot the breeze! There will be a mahjong night this Saturday on the FKMTkrazy IRC, and I will not be there for similar reasons.

Akagi-San, 18
Stripping Apocalypse Akagi
The such-and-so that went down to the beach


This one comes to you from the author of Usagi, Itou Makoto. I didn't find this one all that funny, I more wished that Akagi vs. Washizu vs. Soga vs. Yamashiro actually happened. I like the art style though, I'll have to check out Usagi some time.

This one comes to you from the author of Tohai, Shinasaka Kouji! The first episode of the Tohai live action drama was recently subbed over at Osamuko, and you can go check it out here!

As for the chapter itself, I did find this one pretty funny, especially the punchline at the end. I like how intensely this eroge was portrayed, as well.

This one's probably my favorite of the bunch, written by Katayama Masayuki, author of "Manchou! Tsumo Kuratetsu", an ongoing mahjong manga in Kindai Mahjong. I just thought this one was legitimately funny and I have to give major props to Denji for translating this pretty much exactly how I would have done it.

Check back tomorrow for more excitement!

3 comments:

  1. WOOOOW, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's just a few things I'd like to add:
    Shinasaka Kouji's debut manga, Mahjong Club, was translated by Ii Shan Ten. It's a mahjong slice-of-life comedy that fans of Pen-chan probably will enjoy.

    As for Katayama Masayuki's chapter, the word "rakuten" means heaven, but "Tohoku Rakuten" refers to a Japanese major league baseball team, the Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles. All the people mentioned on the next page were members of the Golden Eagles when this one-shot was published.

    Anyways, thanks to Tambur for all his hard work! I'm looking forward to what tomorrow has in store...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I died at Stripping Apocalypse Akagi. The way old people just keep appearing and the end with the gun, genius!

    "You're actually a coward, Washizu Iwao" in the beach chapter was also pretty funny.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete