Friday, December 13, 2013

Penguin71

I've got a confession to make. As you guys can tell, releases of Kaiji have been erratic and sparse, to put it kindly. In light of this, I've decided to leave FKMTkrazy. I've thought about it for while, and thought in the end it that it simply wasn't fair to everyone. For FKMTkrazy to wait for me to do my share of the work and for readers of Kaiji to have to suffer from my inactivity.

It's been a fun ride. Approximately a year. Hundreds of chapters, thousands of pages, and tens of thousands of words. I learned a lot about how groups operate, how much effort was put into each chapter, and how difficult Mahjong is. But all good things must come to an end. There isn't much else to say. I'm a Fukumoto fan, through and through, just as you guys are, and I'll always be following this group and the releases. I'll simply be part of the audience instead of the actors this time.

I want to give a final thanks to FKMTkrazy for all they've done for me. I was a complete amateur when I first joined (probably through a fluke, really), but they gave me a chance, and that's a lot more than most groups would do. It was fun chatting with everything behind the scenes and playing Mahjong when I could. A special mention goes out to Sonickrazy, for keeping us all together and for having to deal with my sporadic work.

Of course, I also want to show my gratitude to the readers for following all throughout this time. My typesetting work isn't the greatest and my blogs aren't the most interesting, but I'm grateful for everyone who stuck through it.

さようなら、みんな.

19 comments:

  1. Thats a shame! Thank you for all of your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm, yeah. Even if it's 3 chapters at once, it shouldn't take over a month and a half. I agree with your decision but appreciate your work nonetheless. Hope you can put whatever you've learned from this to good use and that your successor will have more time to spare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm used to waiting for scanlations so I never resented you guys for taking your time. If anything, thanks for stepping up when being an amateur to put time into this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck and thanks a lot for your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whatever's best for you! Thanks for all your hard work and dedication this last year <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all of your work thus far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much for all the hard work

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for so many chapters!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always thought your typesetting was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. In a year FKMT only released 68 chapters including Rude Kaiji and Akagi. Certainly not hundreds of chapters. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They scanlated Kaiji part 3 entirely, which was clearly 100+ chapters. I don't know if you're being intentionally rude or not with that statement of yours.

      Delete
    2. Not in a year though. He said he did hundreds of chapters in the space of the year of 2013. Just stating the facts.

      Delete
    3. Hundreds is an exaggeration, but he was talking about the chapters he's seen released since he started. So yeah, a bit more than you're crediting him on.

      Delete
    4. He said he's been here about a year. I counted every chapter you've released through your 2013 blog archive since the start of January, which brings it to 68. Unless he's been around longer than he says, I'd say I'm crediting him for just the right amount.

      Not to say he didn't do a good job. He did a great job and I appreciate him for doing it. But facts are facts.

      Delete
  12. Thanks for all of the hard work! Kaiji is one of my favorite series.

    Does this mean no more Kazuya Hen updates though? That'd be a shame...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Assuming we get a new typesetter, no, we're not dropping it

      Delete
  13. It's a shame that you're leaving, but nobody blames you. Thanks for your hard work!

    ReplyDelete