Tuesday, August 16, 2016

One Poker Hen Chapter 123

Chapter 123 of One Poker-Hen is now up! What else does Kaiji have to say about Kazuya's move last chapter?!

Thanks again to Penchan for stepping up to typeset another chapter, and to Crump for always being on top of the cleans! There will be a mahjong night this saturday at 3PM PST on the IRC, but again, don't think I can make it.

Chapter Link

"Does he have the demon gene?"


So Kaiji pretty much says what I said last blog post, that Kazuya's move here shows how he's the son of Hyoudou and whatnot. I don't really have a lot to add to this chapter, just that next hand should be interesting with them both having UP-DOWN. Hopefully this isn't the start of a big downhill slide for Kaiji.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the translation once again.

    While reading this, one thought reappeared in my mind: With his great play and bad luck proceeding Kazuya has completely convinced Kaiji (and the readers) the game isn't rigged in some way. But I wonder. Wouldn't this be an opportune moment to try some foul play when Kaiji isn't even considering such a possibility? All prior gambles have had some hidden rules or unobvious ways of playing, while thus far the players have played completely straight (even if, as it turns out, the game has some intricacy involved rather than being mindless game of chance). We still don't know what the rails do, Mother Sophie seems too complex for a machine handing out cards etc. so clearly there is potential for it.

    As for cards, getting 7 down card isn't bad by a long shot. Wasn't the other one of Kaiji's cards a queen? It's still a good hand, although I have a hunch Kazuya has the momentum and will win the next game as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the hole at the end of the rails is definitely there to try to harm Kaiji. Also readers keep bringing up the contract Kaiji had to sign to play his possible demise as a "work related accident"

      Delete
  2. I agree completely. I think there is more than meets the eye in this. also there was a part in the manga where Kazuya says that they have to gain the favor of mother Sophie to win. I think there is some trick or [165+60+30]to how the cards are dealt. Thanks again for the upload I needed my Kaiji and Washizu fix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for uploading this!
    Will there be a less strict schedule from now on? I remember I loved the consistency of the uploads before

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just focusing on getting chapters done at all, no schedule is being considered at this point.

      Delete