Thursday, April 7, 2016

The New Kurosawa Chapter 49

Hello my lovelies! We begin a new volume of Kurosawa today! We shall begin our journey to the Earth Conduction.

Thanks to Denji for the translations and to Crump Biggums for the cleans!

The New Kurosawa Chapter 49

"This isn't what I asked for at all!"

This chapter is a pretty good way to start off the new volume. Kurosawa in all his glory up to all kinds of mischief. I think this is what a lot of people have been waiting for honestly. Kurosawa in his element. Not surrounded by a bunch of different people hogging the spotlight. 

Kurosawa has settled in quite well into his new role. He knows what he wants and how to get it. No sooner had he arrived than a giant spread of food and two girls are in his arms. The man knows what he wants and he squeezes that sweet fruit for all its got. Sure he has no idea what this Conduction Ritual is. Sure he's readily agreeing to something he doesn't even fully understand. All he is thinking about is this moment right here, right now. He lives within the now. 
 
I think that's one thing I like about Kurosawa. He doesn't really care much for the consequences of his actions, as long as he can get away with it in the moment. It's almost villainous. As a man of few pleasures though, I can see why he would be so quick to agree. If the devil had a buffet in front of Kurosawa with two beautiful ladies in tow and all he had to do was sign a contract that's more than a couple pages, I know he'd sign on the dotted line happily. From what I have seen so far, that looks to be what has happened here.

9 comments:

  1. I think it's the fist time I see fkmt refrence one of his series. Have I missed them all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a Hotel Akagi near the end of Kaiji Part 2 at least, feel like there's probably more I've forgotten.

      Delete
    2. You can see Kurosawa in Kaiji S1 opening.

      Delete
    3. Ooops, S2 opening, sorry ヾ(_ _*)

      Delete
  2. Holy shit I've missed Kurosawa so fucking much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you deeply for the chapter.
    No matter how much Kurosawa deliberately wallows in his own misunderstanding, I have a hard time believing he can mistake something called 'earth conduction ritual' for construction work. Is that really how it goes in the japanese text ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They actually sound very similar in Japanese. What I called the Earth Conduction Ritual is "doken no gyou" (土建の行) roughly meaning "ascetic earth ritual of strength." Kurosawa mistakes it for "dokengyou" (土建業) which means construction worker. Blame it on me having to translate the term before volume 7 came out, meaning I had very little idea what it actually meant.

      (also the fact that Fukumoto has decided to go for the "most lame puns in a chapter" record does not make me a happy camper...)

      Delete
  4. Sigh he will never learn nothing, i will look forward to him getting buried and to his pitiable form as he tries to get out of the whole deal, will the monks spear him to death? oh by dis going to be good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two things real quick

    One-
    Something is screwed up so that the first 3 pages are at the end of the comic when reading it in CDisplay

    Two-
    OMG GOD AKAGI REF! SOOOO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete