Thursday, October 1, 2015

Akagi Chapter 261

Chapter 261 of Akagi is now up! In this chapter, how many new tiles of the players' starting hands will we see?! Will we see ANY???

Thanks to Crump for the cleans and to Tambur for the typesetting. The Finals of the FKMTkrazy Mahjong Tournament will be Saturday at 10:00 AM PST, or 17:00 GMT!! We will be having a normal mahjong night later the same day at 3:00 PM PST, and I'll be streaming Tohaiden, the Kindai Mahjong Android App, this Sunday at 2:00 PM PST.

Chapter Link

"What's being schemed in the darkness of gambling? In the fires of gambling? In the gales of gambling?"


It's really interesting just how much you can get out of seeing only 2 new tiles, every draw has meaning now that we're in the final throes of the game. I'm sure people are going to be mad at the pacing being so slow right now, but honestly I don't mind; having every thought be expressed here is really interesting to me. This south 4th round is going to be one for the ages.

9 comments:

  1. It's interesting… obviously what Washizu wants here is a quick win. Previously (I can't remember the chapter), a hand like this piling up and looking like it could be a tsuuiisou daisangen would be dismissed as too heavy and inappropriate for the situation, but here it's being regarded more fearfully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 chapters and they have drawn 4 tiles. c'mon fkmt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna miss weekly Akagi when it's gone. Thank you guys so much for your diligence the last few months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much would you need to be donated in order to make getting the chapters pre-volume and continuing to do Akagi weekly, not only possible but also worth your while?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're willing to do 25 dollars per chapter (for the 21 chapters there would be until we caught up if we did it weekly, that would come to $525) We could continue as soon as we're done with volume releases. The reason it's going to cost more is 1) It would be the 4th series me and crump are working on, 2) I'm running short on money of my own and if I'm gonna do something else now I'd like to make it worth my while, and 3) We'd need to buy the new magazine raws when they come out in timely fashion. Does that sound acceptable?

      Delete
  5. I can't do 525 up front. But I could do installments of twenty five. How often would I need to do it? Weekly? Starting when? . . . I can Probably do this assuming my job keeps giving me a decent amount of hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, starting this week would be great. Thanks a lot!

      Delete
  6. I'd help out some for more Akagi

    ReplyDelete