Friday, September 4, 2015

Akagi Chapter 87

Looks like our Kazuya-Hen releases are in synch with our old Akagi releases in terms of chapter numbers! But that doesn't matter at all. Here's a new chapter for you.

Thanks to Tambur for typesetting and to Crump for cleaning. We are having a Mahjong Tournament to decide a new volume of manga for me to translate, and signups are open now! I'll be streaming Twitch Plays Mahjong this Sunday at 2:00 PM PST, and there will be a mahjong night this Saturday at 3:00 PM PST!

Chapter Link

"But... it was no good!"


The scans were so dark this time that I felt I had to let you know what the opaque tiles were since you couldn't really see them with this quality. The line "But... it was no good!" is a literal translation of "が...ダメ...!" which is actually a FKMT meme in Japan. FKMT uses it a lot, especially in this part of Akagi for some reason. I don't always translate it the same way so it probably won't catch on as a meme for english readers. Only 4 more chapters now!

5 comments:

  1. Woohoo thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After you bridge the gap, how many untranslated chapters will be left?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have plans to translate the first part of Kaiji?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Kaiji part 1 is fully translated and available for purchase here: http://global.bookwalker.jp/de47815db9-4adb-458f-91cc-f5a48475d65b/

      Delete
  4. I had no idea it had been fully translated. I hope I can buy it even though I'm in the UK

    ReplyDelete