Thursday, September 10, 2015

Akagi Chapter 258

We're finally out of Hell and back to the real world! Is Washizu really able to play more? Can he be?!

Thanks to Tambur for the typesetting and to Crump for the cleans. We are having a Mahjong Tournament to decide a new volume of manga for me to translate, and signups are open now! I'll be streaming Usagi this Sunday at 2:00 PM PST, and there will be a mahjong night this Saturday at 3:00 PM PST!

Chapter Link

"Continuing to think . . . is what life is all about!"


So what got accomplished this chapter? Uh... Suzuki pushed the tiles in the hole. That's about it. I still enjoyed the chapter; the thinking=life thing was interesting. I've heard "Ikigai" used before in English; it's a pretty specific meaning and I didn't think just having Washizu say "it's my purpose" or something would fit the bill. So I kept it as Ikigai and had Washizu explain the meaning.

Other than that, not a lot to say about this chapter. I'm sure Washizu's orgasm face at the end must be a meme at this point, and there's a few moments of homoeroticism between Akagi and Washizu, only they're clearly trying to kill each other and nothing else... supposedly. I guess we'll just have to wait until the end to see if that's really all their relationship is :O

14 comments:

  1. What's the current number chapter in Japan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. thanks for the spoiler faggot

      Delete
    3. comment deleted for blatant spoilers. They are on 277 in Japan, I believe.

      Delete
    4. Sorry for spoilers,

      I thought it'd be okay since next week on Akagi Drama 10 we will see how Washizu arc ends. (This is canon)

      Delete
    5. You really think they'll use the canon ending? And that they'll be able to cover the entire 6th hanchan in 2 more episodes? I doubt it :P

      Delete
    6. "canon ending"?
      This thing ENDS?!

      I'm so shocked and tempted to look it up and spoil myself, oh god

      Delete
    7. Don't look up anything, I was being sarcastic due to the drama finishing next week while the manga has still ways to go!

      Just curious how they intend to wrap up the drama, will they leave an open ending like the anime did or will the director make up his own ending!?

      Delete
    8. Oh god...I don't know what would be worse? A made up ending or an open ending. But I agree. I cannot see a way how they're going to finish the 6th han-chan in 2 episodes especially since they have been really faithful to the manga (although the inner monologues are compressed in the drama) and well, we know there are so more detail in the last few rounds....I p0ersonally think an open ending would suffice and depending how much material they cover in the last two episodes, they should do a TV special when the manga is finally finished.

      I mean look at what they did to Death Note the drama...I'm not posting spoilers here but that drama ended in a way that they may just leave it at that even though us manga readers know it's way from over. However, there is potential for that to return for a 2nd series...so they may do the same with Akagi.....

      Why do I get the feeling that the next drama adaption will be Kaiji and the 17 steps Mahjong??? I don't know...just got a feeling......

      One more thing...which drama is better??? Death Note or Akagi??? Who plays the lead better????

      Delete
    9. death note ? a good drama ?
      I just can't wtch this.. kira naive, and far from beiing a genius..
      But there were some good scenes I admit that.

      For akagi I miss the metaphor ! but the music, the acting etc.. it's all very good. I especially liked thhe painting in some episodes.

      I think they will end it with akagi's death followed by his revival.

      Delete
  2. 342

    We are far FAAAAR away

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. where'd you get 342 from, lol. We're only 20 or so chapters away, not that we'll be doing the magazine scans

      Delete
  3. Is the 4th Round done in Japan?

    ReplyDelete