Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Middle Manager Tonegawa Chapter 1

Coming out of left field is a new series! I bet you didn't see that one coming.

Thanks to jatelion for the cleans and redraws, and to Kazuhiko for the typesetting. The translation was by me, Denji.

Middle Manager Tonegawa Chapter 1

"I'm bored out of my mind! I can't take it any more!"


I'm writing the blog posts for this series, since Tambur isn't doing the typesetting. The first chapter of this series came out less than a week ago, so I think we did a pretty good job of getting it out so quickly. This is a monthly series, so new chapters will come out around the end of the month. I'm hoping that this can become another constant member of the FKMTkrazy rotation.

So this first chapter was...interesting to say the least. I definitely wasn't expecting a full-blown comedy series, but I still enjoyed it. It's weird to see Tonegawa agonizing over trivial things, since we've never really seen him act like that, but it makes sense. He's in that difficult position where he needs to curry favor with basically everybody, and it's hard when your subordinates are dull and your boss is a tyrant. So in a way, this series is doing a pretty good job of showcasing the middle manager experience. Maybe the author was a middle manager before writing manga, who knows?

The other interesting thing is that this series seems to take place chronologically before the Kaiji series, since Tonegawa doesn't have any burns, and Hyoudou's game of death hasn't been implemented yet. It'll be cool to see whether or not the series will make any references to the Kaiji series.

10 comments:

  1. I agree with Hyoudou, we need Kaiji season 3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tobaku-datenroku-kaiji-r923

      Delete
  2. I wasn't expecting comedy either, but I ended up really enjoying it! Thanks for the quick release!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man this is awesome! Thank y'all for getting this out there, super funny. I love the art too, it looks just like FKMT's, which is ideal. Also, this marks the first time FKMTKrazy has completely caught up with an ongoing FKMT manga, huzzah!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're spoiling us, so many chapters in this week and now a new series. Wow, I'm so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for translating this, I was afraid it would go untranslated. My fingers are crosses that Kazuya will make at least a few appearances.

    ReplyDelete

  6. I assume the planning and construction of the whole Game should take quite a while and since we already have some repaters at the beginning of Kaiji this series should take place a few years before the events of Kaiji

    Does that mean we are going to see young and Handsome Kazuya in action? Will we see his funny torture methods while Tonegawa assists him?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for all of these FKMT treats. I'm super excited for this new series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man this is golden! thanks a lot guys this is some real "detication" you are showing here by translating all of this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys are the best.

    ReplyDelete