Thursday, March 5, 2015

Akagi Chapter 230

Another week, another Akagi! And this week, we find out if Akagi can regain his Tenpai in time for Washizu's next draw! Thanks to Crump for the cleans and to Tambur for the typesetting.

I will be streaming the Kaiji game for PSX this Sunday at 22:00 GMT (2:00 PM PST) and we'll be having the usual mahjong night this Saturday at 23:00 GMT (3:00 PM PST).

Chapter Link
Volume Link (TBA)


"I am consuming his very life!"


So I think it should come as no surprise after reading this chapter that Akagi's plan is to get back to tenpai and then get a direct hit on Washizu with his Pei. But how this will happen is another thing entirely; Washizu is clearly afraid of a Manzu Hon Itsu hand, and even if we assume that he keeps drawing these Manzu and Dora tiles, the Pei tiles he has seem very suspicious.

But aside from next to nothing happening this chapter, we are treated with one of the most unusual visual metaphors we have seen yet: Washizu eating a swarm of miniature Akagis, which is apparently supposed to represent him consuming his life. I think it was a little over the top and silly, but I suppose we needed something to liven up this chapter after reviewing what we already knew and having not much else in it. Next volume, GO!

11 comments:

  1. I think he just needed to counterbalance the badassery of that 2 page grim reaper spread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Kaiji when?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if they're planning on doing a mass release for Kaiji.

      Delete
    2. It'd be awesome if they do.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the release.

    Anyone knows where I can download the new 29th volume raw?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I can tell, public volume raws aren't available yet. I have some really LQ magazine scans if you want to read ahead, though. They go a little bit farther than ch 256, which I believe is the end of volume 29.

      https://mega.co.nz/#!VRYwVCjQ!YcHN0sjv8xrGrWu5Qv1bCCWGfs8pa9dCXACMEbqglOY

      Delete
    2. Thanks Denji, for translating Kuro and this now too.

      Reason I asked here is because I know for a fact that Sonickrazy is the guy usually uploading volume raws first and making them available on the "western internet", because I believe they are already available on Japanese p2p sites, msg boards and similar which are hard to navigate.

      Delete
    3. Sonickrazy translates Akagi if I'm not mistaken.

      Delete
    4. This just in, I picked up Vol 29 from the store today, and it only goes up to Chapter 255. Another volume of only 8 chapters. Yours Truly, Crump Biggums. PS, I don't intend to scan my copy onto the computer

      Delete
  4. Weekly releases are amazing. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete