Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Akagi Chapter 221

Happy new year! This chapter was released at exactly 12:00 AM, January 1st 2015 (in MST), so think of it as our new year's resolution to get more chapters to you... or something. I dunno. Here's a chapter.

Thanks to Tambur for the typesetting and to Crump and TA for the cleans! I will be streaming even more of Tetsuya PS2 this Friday the 2nd at 2:00 PM PST (21:00 GMT), and Mahjong Night will be the following day at 3:00 PM PST (22:00 GMT) on the IRC.

Chapter Link
Volume Link

"What? What? What!?"


I know it was literally years ago, but this scene invokes for me the East 3rd Round of the 1st Hanchan, where Ohgi spent a few pages considering what Washizu's tenpai might be, only for Washizu to say "you fool, you don't even have the right to think about it" and have Suzuki deal in. It's similar to this, where Washizu determines that Akagi cannot be in Tenpai just moments before Yasuoka gets Akagi to a shape where he might be tenpai.

Also, something to note about this new hand is that we as the readers have no way of knowing what it is. The last two draws Akagi made were hidden from us, so all we can know is that Akagi has two 7-man and a 234-man sequence. So really, he very easily COULD be in tenpai, and maybe even for a Hon Itsu! Should make it interesting to follow along and try to work out Akagi's hand along with Washizu, right?

So with that awful, horrendous cliffhanger we leave you until next time. We wish you a happy new year, and hopefully with it, just, a BAZILLION new chapters next year. Maybe.

14 comments:

  1. Haha, nice! thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year guys, and thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, and thanks for the Akagi. FKMT really took it up a notch here.

    I think Akagi is definitely in tenpai, since he tossed the 4-5 pin wait, but I don't think he has a Hon Itsu either. If he was going for a manzu Hon Itsu he would have tossed the 5 pin first, followed by the Haku. But he did it the other way around. The dora is 9 pin, so I think the opaque tiles in his hand are upper pinzu, something like 7-8 pin, or 7-9 pin, or 8-9 pin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you can reason from the order of dealing 5pin and Haku. Akagi knew that his partner would give him both tiles, so he had free choice to deal them in either order.

      Delete
  4. Remember when you said we would start seeing Kaiji more often?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on more Kaiji right now, I haven't done much of anything in a while because of work

      Delete
    2. Nice one!!! I'm dying to know how Kayuza-hen ends....I have been trying to read kanji but I'm finding it really hard :-(

      Delete
  5. Thanks.

    Umm, could somebody tell me where to donate? I would love supporting the group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the offer, anonymous! But I don't think we accept donations anymore, sadface. I believe the story goes we started accepting donations around the December of 2012, and then right around that time we experienced a huge decrease in output due to that little thing called "Life." I believe some commenters thought the donations and the drop in output were related (that doesn't really make much sense if you ask me) and were saying that we were becoming lazy because of the donation box. And I think we just didn't feel right about taking peoples money when our release schedule had become significantly slower than it was earlier that year in 2012. This is all just speculation on why I think Sonickrazy took it down, feel free to correct me, Sonic!

      Delete
    2. Oooh, I found a quote from this blog post http://fkmtkrazy.blogspot.com/2013/07/fkmtkrazy-needs-your-help.html

      "I've closed the donations box for now. It's probably unrelated to the drop in releases, but it did signal the start of the fall for us, so we may as well just get rid of it altogether. If enough people want it back up later, I'll reinstate it." -Sonickrazy
      I wonder if one person counts as enough people.

      Delete
    3. If it is possible, can we get it back? I just want to express my gratitude to all of you or at least to take part in the group's releases.

      Delete
    4. Current status on the donation box, I believe we have sent an email to all those who work on the scanlations and stuff at fkmtkrazy asking them if they are OK with a donation box. If everyone replies and says they're OK with it then it will happen, at some point. Of course if one or more say no, then its a no go

      Delete