Thursday, October 16, 2014

Kazuya-Hen Chapters 67 & 68

Yeah, it's a double release! I want to try and get a more steady stream going rather than just releasing a bunch of batch releases, but I felt these two chapters had to be released together so the ending of 67 would be explained a bit.

Thanks to Tambur and Jatelion for the cleans, and to Tambur for the typesetting! I will be streaming Gantz PS2 tomorrow at slightly after 2:00 PM PDT (22:00 GMT), and mahjong night will be this Saturday at 3:00 PM PDT (23:00 GMT).

Chapter 67
Chapter 68

"He bet his life of suffering on this amazing opportunity!"


As much as I dislike this current arc, I do enjoy writing for Kazuya. I know, I'm just translating what he's saying, but if I really didn't care I could just translate everything literally and everything would sound really bland and mechanical. I like finding ways to let Kazuya's playful way of speaking come across in English. As for the actual content of these chapters, it's pretty awful what Kazuya's doing to make Chang the bad guy, but really he's just correcting the flow that Kaiji messed up with this outcries. Nonetheless, this really does feel like Kazuya's pulling all the strings here and directing the game a certain way... it would probably be better if he hadn't interfered at all, but as I've discussed previously Kazuya is the kind of character that bends rules if they need to be bended to better entertain him, but I wouldn't call him unfair exactly.

19 comments:

  1. Man I love me some Kaiji, but it really is getting annoying hearing Kazuya explain things over and over again...regardless, thanks a lot for your continued work on Kaiji.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I'm really looking forward to the next chapter

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, you've got this. Thanks for these and keep in mind just how much everyone appreciates your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew you guys are fast, thanks again for the read! And I love the way you write Kazuya, you do a great job translating him :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. So he's using that approach...Kazuyas really having a way with words.

    Honestly these two chapters were pretty great, i didn't think there was anything Kazuya could say to distort the proof but he got a pretty sound explanation and even adressed all the odd points and contradictions

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do I join the mahjong night?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come to the IRC channel at the time on the blog. Here's the link to IRC: http://fkmtkrazy.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html

      Delete
    2. Be prepared to have sonic be a dick to you, though. Me and a few friends joined one night and he assumed we didn't even know what real mahjong was.

      Delete
    3. I vaguely remember that, somehow I think I got the impression that you only knew the tile-matching game and just wanted to make sure. Sorry that it offended you. But even if I inadvertently insulted your intelligence, I don't think that warrants calling me a dick when I was just trying to make sure. I try and make everyone feel welcome to the best of my ability, I certainly don't think it's fair to assume I'm a dick to everyone because I made a mistake reading between the lines.

      Delete
  7. Bahaha, didn't some guy in the comment section for the last chapter predict Kazuya's bullshit? Anyways, thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoo! Thanks for your work, guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How many more chapters do we have left for this arc?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 29 chapters before One Poker begins

      Delete
  10. God damn it Kazuya is such a dick.

    I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. New chapter when?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really appreciate what you guys are doing, I love your work, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete