Monday, September 29, 2014

The New Kurosawa Chapter 1

Yes! Thanks to Denji, our new translator, we now have for you the first chapter of The New Kurosawa! (I refuse to call it Shin Kurosawa, Shin can mean too many other things to english speakers) I'm feeling a bit under the weather at the moment so I really don't have the energy to write a full in depth blog post, but I'll do my best.

Thanks to our new translator Denji for the translations, to Crump for the awesome cleans, and to Tambur for the typesetting! I proofread this one a bit, but Denji did most of the work.

Chapter Link

"HOW COME THERE'S NO WOMEN HERE?!"

First of all, let me just say that I personally don't think there should have been a new Kurosawa, I think the ending of the original was perfect on its own and should've remained untouched. It had all sorts of parallels to Akira Kurosawa movies like The Seven Samurai and left such a touching message, and the fact that Kurosawa is still alive kind of dampens all that. But if there has to be a sequel, I suppose it's only fair that we give it the justice of being translated.

Soooo, Kurosawa's been in a coma for the past 8 years and is in heaven now, presumably just an extended dream he's been having. But he's very tired of this, and wants to go back down to Earth where all the women are. So I can take this to mean that the main goal of this part of Kurosawa will be him finding love, which might be a bit difficult at his age. That's all I have to say, look forward to more.

15 comments:

  1. awesome, time to mastubate using tears as a lubricant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo, I did something! Thanks to everyone here for making this happen. I'm a real amateur translator, but Kurosawa is very straightforward and simple, so I'm managing.

    I agree that this sequel is entirely unnecessary, but I feel like it makes sense that Kurosawa was getting restless. Facing constant adversity is the worst, but no adversity is just as unfulfilling. Kurosawa is slow to get anywhere this time around, so I'm sure a lot of people are going to be fairly unsatisfied, but things start picking up a little bit once Kurosawa gets out into the world again. Honestly, it's still too early to pass any sort of judgment, but I'm enjoying it so far, and looking forward to more. At the very least, it's a nice diversion from getting bogged down in Washizu Mahjong and the Salvation Game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep up the great work.

      Delete
    2. Keep it up man ! Kurosawa is great, I don't know if the sequel will live up to the legend but I think it's still worth reading.

      Delete
    3. Thanks a lot, Denji. We (me and my 4 friends) have been waiting for so long to finally read this. Cheers from Slovakia! We enjoyed all Fukumotos mangas so far, so I think he knows what he is doing. Its gonna be great :)

      Delete
    4. Big thank you mate, I was afraid I would have to read this on my own with my intermediate Japanese, I'm so glad someone professional is doing it.

      From what I've read so far, I've been enjoying it too, except the part where Kuro hurts a baby, that shit is fucking messed up any way you look at it.

      Delete
  3. YES!!! This is so great. I can't believe we're pumping out New Kurosawa. Great job Denji and Tambur. You too Sonic, and thanks for providing those nice raws with hte 2 page spreads done already (fyi I should have the ch 2 cleans done wednesday or thursday)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Kurosawa is probably my favorite Manga from Fukomoto and overall one of the best i ever read

    I agree that a sequel seems kinda weird but lets see what it haves in store

    Thanks for all the work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Thank you. I've been looking forward to this since around this time last year, or maybe May of last year (or whenever it was announced, to be honest). Anyway, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. I've been waiting for anyone to translate this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy shit, I got it right. I don't feel too bad about this sequel, since I felt like Kurosawa's "death" at the end felt kinda like it came out of nowhere. Also, thank you Denji you great human being, now thanks to you Sonikkureiji won't suffer as much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woah really?! I've been away too long!!
    I never knew there was a sequel?!?!
    Thank you very much!!!

    ReplyDelete