Saturday, September 27, 2014

Akagi Chapter 214

Yes, two chapters of Akagi right around the 26th of September! If you don't get the significance of September 26th, go read Ten all the way through and it'll make sense. But yeah, we had a good time recognizing that special day yesterday, even if I couldn't make it all the way through myself and had to play a recording of the final arc of Ten PS2. I'm running on 2 hours of sleep right now, but that shouldn't stop me from bringing you this next exciting installment of Akagi!

Also, we got a new translator fairly recently who offered to do a FKMT series for us (not Kaiji), so be on the lookout for new chapters of a certain series about another long-nosed protagonist very shortly!

Thanks to TA for the cleans and to Tambur for the typesetting! Stream day and Mahjong day are on Friday and Saturday at the usual times (22:00 GMT and 23:00 GMT).

Chapter Link

"Washizu is in danger! A large risk still stands in his way!"


So Washizu tries to fend off Akagi's taunts with a speech about status, only to have it shot right back at him. If you think about what got accomplished in this chapter, all that really comes to mind is that the dora indicator got drawn and we saw the first 6 tiles of Akagi's hand, but it certainly did feel more fulfilling than just that alone would make you believe, which is what Fukumoto is all about.

18 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're not dead, for some reason i slept for like 2 hours, got woken up and now I don't feel like sleeping anymore, it's weird. Thanks for the new chapter.

    Also I wanna speculate about that new series, but I'm gonna need some hints.
    Does it include beautiful ponytails and awesome old people with vegeta hair?
    Does it include hobos, long hair and square chins?
    Does it include young men loving mahjong but being shit at it?
    Is it something we've never seen before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, one of the three, no, and no.

      Delete
    2. Well shit, uh...I'm gonna go with Shin Kurosawa.

      Delete
  2. Here's hoping for the return of Gin to Kin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys do realize that another group has been translating gin to kin; and rather recently at that, right?

      Delete
  3. Would you accept $500 to do the rest of Kaiji Kazuya-hen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should save your money, I've heard murmurings of a few different anons picking it up. I'm thinking of just picking it back up again anyway, I only dropped it because I felt assured someone would take over if I did, and I still don't feel like that's untrue. If we get a ways past the end of the month and nobody's stepped up to the plate I'll do a chapter here or there. I don't want to start doing any now because people might already be halfway through the volume, you know?

      Delete
  4. Please be Shin Kurosawa or Gin to Kin oh god.

    Also, thanks for the chapters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will this new translator be as admirable as that ant?

    I fucking hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only 6 bloody tiles! Nooooooo. Could have least of given us a starting hand! Thanks for the chapter anyhow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! I knew you guys would pull through. Thanks for new chapters as always. You are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for the Akagi chapters! Your hard work is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is Akagi published weekly or monthly in Japan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kindai Mahjong is a biweekly magazine, but Akagi alternates with HERO every issue, so it's published monthly.

      Delete
    2. What about Kaiji?

      Delete
    3. Kaiji is published in Young Magazine weekly

      Delete