Sunday, June 15, 2014

Washizu: Enma no Tohai Chapter 7

"WHAT!? HOW CAN YOU BE TRANSLATING WASHIZU WHEN THERE'S SO MUCH KAIJI AND AKAGI AND KUROSAWA TO DO?! HAVE YOU GONE MAD?!" I hear you exclaim. Yes, probably nobody will be happy with this release, but I promise you we won't be translating this for long, it'll be a few chapters then right back to Akagi. There's a reason we're doing this, but I'll let you speculate on what that reason is. Also, if anyone from Anonymous Delivers is reading this, sorry if you were about to release this chapter yourselves or something, but you were taking so long that I decided we had to put out some more chapters ourselves. We'll be done with it for a while after a few chapters, so you can pick up where we left off if you so choose.

Thanks to Crump for stepping up to clean this, and to Tambur for doing his nice quick typesetting as usual. There will be a mahjong night this Saturday at 22:00 GMT (3:00 PM PST).

Also, I now have the means with which to translate the second Legendary Gambler Tetsuya video game, which is essentially a second season of the Anime (full voice acting, with many animated sequences). I will be streaming it every Friday at 21:00 GMT for a few weeks here. For more info, see here.

Chapter 7 Link

What better way to start your Father's Day than by looking at a hot, sweaty, topless Washizu-Sama?


So the difference between this manga and regular FKMT stuff should be apparent very quickly. Even though Akagi has been gradually getting crazier and crazier, Washizu still makes it look like a documentary. Oh, this chapter isn't that bizarre, but trust me, things get way loonier. So much so that in my mind, parts of this manga have to be part of some fever dream Washizu has when remembering his past.

So this chapter has such gems as a hot sweaty Washizu, an overconfident Suzuki, Washizu being displeased at a Double Riichi, and Washizu being Akagi levels of crazy prepared in hypnotizing the guy who was trying to hypnotize him. Also, the title of this chapter, "Eagle vs. Weasel", comes from how the "Washi" in "Washizu" means Eagle, and his opponent's name I assume was Itachi, the Japanese word for Weasel. Look forward to more Washizu here shortly!

15 comments:

  1. If the other group doesn't pick it up again, do you think you'll do more chapters after you eventually get caught up with Akagi and Kaiji?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eventually, HERO is of greater priority in my mind.

      Delete
  2. >probably nobody will be happy with this release

    You kidding? I've been waiting for more chapters of this for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just remembered the uproar when we did HERO and assumed just as many people would be mad about this. Thus far, looks like that's not the case.

      Delete
  3. Damn he was bulkier when young, this is actually a pleasant surprise, also to know that you have Kurosawa in mind is even a greater pleasant surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always great to see more Washizu, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So this was the top secret project?

    This might be sorta nice as there hasn't been any translations for this in a while. However, I've read the raws for volumes 2 and 3, and can tell that nothing relevant is going to happen. It's all Washizu getting into more and more absurd situations. Your fever dream allusion was spot on - the manga seems to be a complete joke.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have just found a new inspiration to lift weights, hustle people at mahjong, and tip my shoe shiner. Only then will I be worthy to bask in the glory of Washizu-sama.

    Thanks FKMTKrazy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad, I thought I would never see another chapter of this translated.

    Does this mark the end of the first volume, or is there another chapter?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This Story sounds like something Washizu woul tell his Grandchild

    "And this Timmy is how that Guy tried to Hypnotize me, but little did he know that i was the one doing the hypnotizing! Khah-Hah-Hah, isn't your Grandfather the coolest?"

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would let this guy suck my blood dry. seriously guys

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am very excited about this release!!! Thank you sooo much! I really enjoy the manga and I'm so happy I might have a better idea of what is going on. Even if the chapters are slow, I never thought it'd be picked up again! You have no idea this is like 2nd Christmas for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. do you plan to translate other non fukumoto mahjong manga like touhai or mukoubuchi. the first one is pretty akagi-esque with high stake gambles and yakuza.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. At least one or two Kazuya-Hen chapters would be good right about now.

    ReplyDelete