Saturday, April 26, 2014

Kazuya-Hen Chapter 47 + Kazuya Cosplay

After a bit of a break, we're back with more of the Salvation Game! In this chapter, we find out who the Savior for the 12th Match will be! Please, let it be Mitsuyama again! Thanks to Crump for the cleans, and to Tambur for the typesetting!

I will be streaming and giving my heavily biased opinions on the Saki PSP game this Friday the 2nd at 20:00 GMT (1:00 PM PDT). There will be a mahjong night this Saturday at 22:00 GMT (3:00 PM PDT) on the irc.

Chapter Link

"The Savior will be selected at random, such that only God could know who it would be. As fate decides!"

Hey, it's another chapter where nothing much happens! Kaiji continues to not see how desperate a situation Mitsuyama was in, Mitsuyama continues to explain why he had to do what he did, and the game continues on to the 12th round where the fateful, ever-important Savior role is given to... MARIO! How will he deal with this responsibility, and will Mitsuyama's supposed actions last round affect him? Find out next time!

And as you know, I went to Sakura-Con last week as Kazuya, spending the whole day in the Mahjong Room. I was a bit disappointed that nobody knew who I was, but not really all that surprised. I don't have any pictures from at the con, just some that I had taken before. Below the cut is some pictures of my cosplay. NOTE: I will be the first to say that it is not a GOOD cosplay, it was really something I just threw together with stuff I could find on Amazon for less than $30. I wasn't about to go out and buy a pinstripe suit, so I just got a costume suit and a floral dress shirt. But anyway, here it is.


                
Terribad, I know. The suit's a bit too big as well, you can barely even see the dress shirt underneath. But whatever, I think it's recognizable.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the new chapter.
    Did anyone recognize your cosplay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone took my picture playing mahjong, but beyond that no.

      Delete
  2. Even if you say its cheap, it still looks like an amazing cosplay. I think the look on your face suits Kazuya really well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice cosplay bro. I would have definitely recognized it from afar :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw you in there but you looked busy and I didn't want to bug you in the middle of a game. Did you enter the tournament?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you should've come up anyway. No, I wasn't there Sunday, so I couldn't enter.

      Delete
  5. FKMT cosplaying is pretty hard because the characters' faces are so prominent and most of their outfits are very plain (few exceptions being Washizu, fake/old Akagi and flight-jacket Kaiji).

    That being said, Wolfwood got extremely lucky with his genetic makeup. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw him at Desucon and had absolutely no complains when he got the drawing of Kaiji Fukumoto drew during the panel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc1NwbpNSa0).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the Kaiji~

    ReplyDelete