Monday, April 14, 2014

Kazuya-Hen Chapter 46

I really should've had this up a week ago, but I just wasn't up to writing anything and dropped the ball. But anyway, in this chapter, can Mitsuyama explain without words what happened in the previous round? Or will this misunderstanding stay?!

Thanks to Crump for the great cleans, and to Tambur for the awesome typesetting! There will be a mahjong night this saturday at 22:00 GMT (3:00 PM PDT) on the IRC. I will not be there, but please have it without me here: http://tenhou.net/0/?C18901858

Why won't I be there, you ask? Well, I'll be cosplaying our very own Kazuya Hyoudou at Sakura-con this Friday and Saturday in the Mahjong Room! If you're going, please feel free to stop by the mahjong room and talk to me and Crump Biggums!

Chapter Link

"He might've just saved his life with this excellent move!"


Mitsuyama's smarter than I gave him credit for... not that I said he was dumb or anything, but yeah. You kind of get the impression through this, though, that he's actually the most ruthless of the three, willing to lie to his comrades at the drop of a hat just to get them to trust him a bit more. We've only brushed over his backstory, but you figure his store was going under, so the reason he hired immigrants was so that he could pay them less money to run it. If someone's going to betray at some point, my money's on it being Mitsuyama.

8 comments:

  1. I'll stop by and visit for a bit! I'll be cosplaying as no one because making the trip is going to bankrupt me as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you post some pics of your cosplay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't intend on taking a camera, but I'll probably have some pictures from before I set out. Maybe someone else will take some pictures of me at the con.

      Delete
  3. Yea you better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think someone else pointed out another possible route he could take: using pantomime to show his belt wasn't opening. However, now that Kazuya explains it, this indeed is a sound move as well.

    I wonder if we get more of Mitsuyama's backstory before the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you guys considered Washizu - Enma no Touhai?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we're not doing it until we've caught up with Akagi and Hero.

      Delete