Thursday, December 19, 2013

Atsuize Pen-Chan Chapter 3

Yeah, I know, you're gonna ask why I'm doing Pen-Chan instead of Akagi or Kaiji. The answer is, I have a lot of free time and most of the rest of the group doesn't, so I'm doing Pen-Chan for the heck of it. That's why I asked for a side project anyway, to give me something to do when the rest of the group is busy. But yeah, here's another chapter, and in this one, Pen-Chan stumbles his way into a high-stakes match!

Thanks to Iapetus for the cleans. Mahjong Day will still be this Saturday at 23:00 GMT (3:00 PM PST), but I may or may not be able to make it for more than an hour. If I don't show up, have it anyway and just leave the scores on the Mahjong Night Standings blog page. We are also in desperate need of a new typesetter or two, so please oh please contact me at shinichiakiyama@hotmail.com to apply!!

Chapter Link


"You're a lightweight, too... in a different area..."


Okay, I didn't actually differ much of the translation for this one from the existing scans, I think they were pretty accurate for this chapter. The only major variation comes in near the end, when Yamazaki is putting Mitsui in his place, I cleaned up the wording there. But yeah, Pen-Chan is pretty lucky to turn that garbage hand into a monster Dai San Gen so easily. Also, Pen-Chan's shimo cha has GOT to be Ginji's son (from Ten); nobody else has that jawline but him and Ginji. Not just fan theory here, it's a fact. Yeah. Expect the next chapter before Christmas.

7 comments:

  1. How long is Pen-chan again? This is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never apologize for doing Pen Chan! We all voted for it! This is exactly what we want! Yayyyyyyyyyyy! PEN CHAN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginji and Kurosawa have the same jawline. Pen Chan has a much weaker one

    ReplyDelete
  4. >shinichiakiyama@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I emailed the address and didn't get a reply. Maybe he found some typesetters.

      Delete