Monday, December 16, 2013

Atsuize Pen-Chan Chapter 2

Yeah, here's a little something to tide you over while we look for a new typesetter (which you can apply to be by emailing me at shinichiakiyama@hotmail.com). It's the second chapter of Pen-Chan, and it's a pretty sweet one. I'll try and get some more chapters of this one out, as well.

Thanks to Iapetus for the cleans, I typeset this one myself. Mahjong Night will be this Saturday at the usual time, but I might not be able to make it, I don't know yet.

Chapter Link

"There are plenty of times where you can get a one-shot win with a penchan wait!"


I put this off for a while because I didn't know if I could even do the sound effects, but after typesetter after typesetter put it off, too, I decided what the heck, I'll give it a try. I do enjoy the occasional typesetting job, but it's not my favorite part. As for the translation, the biggest change you'll notice from the existing translations is the exchange between Yamazaki and Megumi regarding Pen-Chan. I feel like the original translators frankly didn't understand what was written, so hopefully my translations will clear up what Megumi actually meant a bit. It also makes the final line a bit more sweet with the context of Yamazaki saying he prefers Pen-Chan. I also tried to emphasize a lot of the comedy more than it was in the previous translations.

But yeah, I found this chapter to be pretty good in terms of story, the whole "A Penchan can win against a 3-Sided Wait" plot was pretty sweet. Also, Pen-Chan is really cute, I really feel for the guy. That's about all I have to say, look forward to the next one.

5 comments: