Friday, September 13, 2013

Atsuize Pen-Chan Chapter 1

Welp, it's finally time for the first chapter of our newest side project, Atsuize Pen-Chan! I'm aware that there are existing translations of 1-5, but I felt like we should start from the beginning both because the raws I have are better quality and because I felt some of the comedy is lost without the sound effects. Anyway, on to the chapter!

Thanks to our newest cleaner, Iapetus, for a job well done on this first chapter! Thanks also to Peng for picking up the typesetting for this one. There will be a Mahjong Night tomorrow at 22:00 GMT, and an ABSOLUTELY NO MAHJONG Night the week after at the same time.

Chapter Link

"YOU MORON!! It's your first night with her... what could be more important than that?!"
"......I like this hand."

So yeah, a lot of you are probably just gonna wait around until we get Chapter 6 up, but it might be interesting also to compare and contrast the existing scanlations of 1-5 with the ones we put out. My strategy for translating the chapter was pretty much just to ensure that people who read the first scanlations would get a different flavor by reading our version. I went through each page and translated everything the best way I thought it would go, and then referred back to the other version to see if I'd used the same wording that they did. If I did, I'd change it unless I felt that was the only way to translate that line. I also translated the majority of the sound effects here, excepting the ones that would be too hard to clean and weren't important to the story or the comedy.

But yeah, Pen-Chan's kind of a douche to his girlfriend, standing her up just to Jong. There were a lot of funny moments in this chapter, but it's nothing compared to what's coming next. And it's kinda funny in retrospect that Megumi thought Yamazaki was after Pen's ass, considering there's someone who actually does want him later on in the manga. So stay tuned, next one will be coming at you... when it does, I guess.

8 comments:

  1. I voted for this. . . Indeed I did

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I replied to you on the other post, if you want to buy Volume 2 for me please contact me at shinichiakiyama@hotmail.com

      Delete
  2. When you number the .png's you have to put 0's in front of the single digit numbers. If you don't the order appears fine when looking in a rar but when reading the rar the first 9 pages are the last nine pages. Other than that Perfect. I can't wait to know how this ends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wani's First Love looked better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh well, this one looks fun too. Thanks guys.

      Delete
  4. Maybe next time I'll vote for that and it will win. It's only two volumes. It will be time to vote again before you know it. Chin up Anon

    ReplyDelete