Thursday, January 17, 2013

Akagi Chapter 67

This should've been done a long time ago, but silly me, I forgot to send the cleans to Kazu. Thanks, by the way, go to Doc for those very cleans, and to Kazuhiko for putting up with all the text he had to do this chapter.

Mahjong Day does not look probable for this saturday, either. If you're itching for some mahjong action, you should head on over to http://tenhou.net/?L7447 and http://mahjong-league.com/ ; they've got an amateur mahjong league going on right now.

NEW CONTENT:

  • Pretty much nothing, just a few added lines here and there.

Yeah, this chapter was jam-packed with exposition, and so there's not a lot in it that wasn't in the anime. It's interesting to see how much Washizu's art has evolved even since we first saw him 2 chapters ago, his face has gotten even wider, his nose longer, his eyes even bigger, and his hair is now draping on both the front and back of his shoulders. Oh man, these blog posts are so thought-provoking and deep, I can't hardly stand it.

I guess the only thing I can say about this chapter is that I tried to explain the uma and oka stuff more in depth than they did in the anime... though obviously you'll still need to do some research if you want to really understand how it all works, I hope I gave enough information for people reading this for the first time to go "uh... okay, I guess?" So yeah. Fun stuff.

6 comments:

  1. Seeing the confident Washizu is so nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, Madhouse definitely helped Fukumoto a bit to standardize his art, seeing he was still making him chances in each Chapter.
    Great work, thanks a bunch guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. akagi had expression at this period !
    In the anime he seems cold like ice but here sometimes he is interpelled, he don't know what will follow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love the two page double spread of maniac Washizu.

    Thanks for the fast releases over the past days guys. I hope to see you all again on Mahjong day sometime soon. Kazuya-hen looks incredibly promising so far. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the raws of akagi anthology. Can you translate it please?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send them to shinichiakiyama@hotmail.com and I'll get around to it when I get a good enough chance, which will not be for quite some time.

      Delete