Wednesday, January 25, 2012

DKaiji Chapter 30

And we're back with more Kaiji! I actually technically released this yesterday, but didn't advertise it at all because I had to go to bed and kinda half-forgot to take it down. >>;; But anyway, it's up now for real. Thanks to Biggums and Kazuhiko for editing, as usual.

"If he has enough safe tiles to tide himself over, he might last the 17 Steps...!"

Yeah, this was actually translated and cleaned before 29, since we thought we were gonna have to wait for PBM to release it before we could start. I also thought at the time I translated this that Biggums had wiped away the sound effects for PBM's release of it, but in reality he did the whole chapter over to more fit into my style. So I wound up sending Kazuhiko in with all these Sound Effects that he had to find creative ways to put over the original Japanese ones. I don't plan to make a habit of it.

Anyway, this chapter was pretty good. I think next chapter will be really interesting, since we'll be able to see if Muraoka has enough safe tiles to dodge Kaiji's wait. I like writing for Kaiji; he talks a lot like I do, with a kind of rebellious attitude. I feel like I should be clarifying more in the margins, since a lot of the readers will have just come here from Hakairoku Kaiji and aren't really into Mahjong that much... I'll have to think some more about how to handle this series differently from Akagi.

Speaking of Akagi, expect 126 next! After that, I think we'll go and finish Volume 4 of DKaiji, since the poll seems to indicate that alternating volumes would be best. So we should be going back and forth between Kaiji and Akagi volumes from here on in, unless something happens to make us pick something else up, I guess. Expect us!

1 comment:

  1. Another amazing chapter! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete