Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Akagi Chapter 113

As promised, here's chapter 113, in record time! ...-ish. By my records. Which I make up daily. In any event, the round heats up some more, and it ends with one of the players in a bit of a pickle!

Also, I'm planning on having the Mahjong Day at tenhou.com this Saturday, at 11:00 PM GMT. Kind of early for the Americans, but it should work overall. Yell at me if you can't make it in time.

OUTLINE OF EVENTS:
- Washizu deals the 3-pin from his tenpai, but does not riichi, as his hand can still grow.
- Ohgi remarks at how strange it is for him to be in tenpai without Riiching.
- Akagi draws Washizu's winning tile, the Ton, with a notable lack of Zawas.

Yeah, I think I said something about a lot happening in these chapters. Well, it felt like a lot happened, but looking on it now, it was mostly Washizu and Ohgi analyzing the situation. Still entertaining, but I'm seeing where the copious amounts of padding are kicking in.

Personally, I thought of the Suu An Kou thing back in 112 when I saw his tenpai... but apparently that's not what he's waiting for, so I can't take any credit. I do like how close to real-time this is, even if that makes it slow... I imagine Washizu and Ohgi really would be having internal monologues to help calm themselves down at this point.

In other news, I've decided to work on the earlier chapters of Akagi in between translations of the later ones, but the later ones still take priority. No new translations at present, but it shouldn't be long until 114.

4 comments:

  1. The speed at which you are posting these chapters is just crazy. You're as fast as that one blue hedgehog who goes really fast and so crazy that not even the proper spelling of the word crazy can accurately depict it. You should consider renaming yourself something that reflects those qualities in you instead of whatever name you're using now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the quick release :)

    Nah, 2 AM is fine for me, but thank you for your consideration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, but I can't imagine what I would call myself... Speedcrazy doesn't have that special ring to it.

    And yeah, I moved it to 11GMT, or 1AM for you... Should work better, even if you say you'll be able to stay up that late without concern

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry, but I couldn't come in time. I logged into the lobby shortly before 12 GMT, but it seems no one was there.
    Also, how exactly does this whole thing with the lobby work? How can I see how many are there etc.?

    Again sorry for not coming, would love to attend next time.

    ReplyDelete