Friday, August 12, 2011

Akagi Chapter 111

And the Washizu arc continues! As I mentioned, a big thanks to Sasayaki Yako for doing the translation so quickly. FKMTkrazy is now our group name, so there's no need to change everything around on my twitter and stuff. Which makes me Sonickrazy again. Yay!

Also, I've re-organized the Washizu section of my mediafire so there's not a huge gap in between 107 and 111. Part 1 is of everything in the Anime, Part 2 is of the 5th Hanchan, and if we get to it, Part 3 will be of the 6th. I may add a part 1.5 if it gets too crowded in Part 1, but it should make it easier to navigate.

Finally, I have a poll on the sidebar where you can give me feedback as to how I should balance doing the two arcs at the same time. I don't want to give up the Nakai arc entirely, but I put that as an option to get some feedback as to how many people are interested in it.

OUTLINE OF EVENTS:
- Washizu rants to himself about how he needs to Tsumo to fight Akagi
- Washizu gets a Chii Toi Tsu tenpai, and chooses the hand more likely for a tsumo over that where a Ron is possible.
- Akagi deals into Yasuoka's hand to stop Washizu's Riichi
-Washizu makes another Chii Toi Tsu, but is stopped by Akagi's hand, which has the exact same number of outs.

Wow, lots happens in this one. Washizu definitely has the right idea with his Tsumos; Akagi will never deal in if it's not beneficial to him. Other than that, not much to say, this was just a very busy chapter that leads up to future badassery and tension.

Also, I realize that some of you have read the spoilers of the chapters to come, but I haven't, so please try and keep them out of the comments section. I don't like to read spoilers if I can avoid it; it just feels like taking all the tension out of the manga and getting instant gratification when the whole point of the manga IS tension... but yeah, I guess it's up to you whether you read them or not.

Currently, I'm planning to get Akagi 54 out next... if you think that's a bad idea, yell at me and I'll just release it whenever I get a chance to come back to Nakai.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the new Chapter! You and Yako are awesome for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Chapter. I think you should finish the Nakai arc considering that not many fans have actually seen it since the anime did skip over it. Amazing job once again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I'm just popping in seeing as to how you've been releasing chapters regularly. While it's excellent that you are able to work on two separate arcs at the same time, I would highly appreciate it it you could prioritise catching up on the missing chapters between 54 and 100 (?). Pretty please!

    ReplyDelete